Friday, January 14, 2011

Where's the fluff setting on this thing?

We have a fairly good schedule for our morning routine at the moment. I say at the moment because we have a problem keeping schedules. We have tried and tried over the past 5 years to make and keep to an orderly schedule. Something always seems to come up. We have an early morning or a really late night and can't seem to pull ourselves out of bed at the right time. I say "we" but it's usually me. I'm sure most of you know that once you slip or stray from your routine just once -even if you have a REALLY good excuse- you suddenly realize how good your bed feels and covers are just right and well just this once you want to stay in bed for another 10 minutes.... Well, there goes your routine. Yep, did you see that ghost-like figure fly out your window just now? That was your sanity. He didn't want to hang around for all the mayhem that is about to ensue from that 10 minute deviation. Now you are 10 minutes behind schedule (20 minutes if you are like me and took your sweet time pulling yourself out of bed and getting dressed) and you race around like a crazy person all day trying to get that 10-20 minutes back. Good Luck!

That is exactly how my day started on Tuesday. We have had a pretty good schedule since about half way through December. So it lasted almost a month. That's a pretty good record for us during the winter season! As I was saying.... Tuesday started out 20 minutes behind schedule but hey no big deal, right?! I got my list of to do's and headed downstairs. MAKE BREAKFAST...check! OPEN BLINDS...check! UNLOAD DISHWASHER.......



It took about another 20 minutes to coax her OUT of the dishwasher. Needless to say, my day never got back on track and one day I hope to find the time-space continuum that fixes this routine problem.

1 comment:

Shayla said...

That photo is priceless. Love it!