Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Saturday Concoction

Today's adventure began when I loaded my dishwasher and thought to myself, "Hmm I don't have enough dishes to start a load yet, what can I do about this conundrum?" Within about 30 minutes and with the help of some facebook friends, I had a rough idea of what I was going to do with my day.
I successfully baked my first pie (peach) about a week ago and I'm still getting over the ego boost from it. Thus, mini apple pies were born.



Dave is going to a LAN party tonight at a friend's house so I thought they would make fun little treats for them to eat with their pizza. It didn't come out quite how I envisioned them, but I don't think they are bad for a first try. As I become more familiar with pie dough I will start being more creative. Plus, all I had to make the mini versions was a cupcake tin. Next time I make these I would like to have a tart tin. We shall see. I think they taste pretty good, which IS the main point of food, right? I should have brushed the tops with butter or egg yolks but they work just fine like this.

This is the first time I have ever "posed" food for it's photograph. So, don't laugh... yeah, okay you can laugh. I don't have much space or lighting so I did the best I could. My neighbor has a studio in his basement, but he is not here at the moment so I used what I had. I thought the block of wood was a nice touch. What do you think?

1 comment:

Sheri Dickson Woodson said...

I love that you posed your food for the photo! That's my kind of thinking. (By the way, you pulled it off beautifully :)